Verwood Parish Churchyard started with a quarter acre yard surrounding the then Chapel of Ease established 1829. Inscriptions therefore only start from that date. Prior to that inhabitants were buried in the churchyard of the Mother Church at Cranborne. The churchyard was extended as more burials took place. The older part, on a level with the church, was used until the mid 1930s although subsequent burials took place in established graves. A second section was created further downhill from 1936. When that too became full a Public Cemetery was established in Ringwood Road. Verwood burial records are therefore in three parts.
1. OLD CHURCHYARD
2. CHURCHYARD EXTENSION
UNDERTAKER'S NOTEBOOK For this section - Now Online
3. CEMETERY Records held by Verwood Town Council